Friday, October 25, 2019

Confirmation of Host problems

I redirected Traykon back to my Godaddy site a couple days back. Today I checked my access logs on the server and compared them to my site traffic. In the first day it was online, I had 9264 pages accessed from the server, some of them were from bots that won't show up on analytics. The vast majority of the traffic were recorded through my wiki. Statcounter logged 385 viewers on that day and could account for just over 5k page views. Google Analytics only tracks the traffic on my legacy site and ignores the wiki but they listed the total at only 23 users for my legacy site on that day. I last checked GoDaddy's bandwidth usage and they have me using 0.00mb of traffic over that time.

Further, at approximately 9:01 pm EST all traffic from the access log, statcounter, and google analytics suddenly stopped. Siteuptime shows my site was active, but for some reason no traffic was logged to my site after 9pm. I don't know what could be causing these issues except network problems. How the Siteuptime site still shows my website as active when no traffic is being monitored, I don't know. None of this is making sense.

On the bright side, I have been adding content to the wiki. Since I don't know the final architecture of my new host, I have found it best to post to the wiki. Hopefully I'll be able to utilize a CMS system that I can take full advantage of. I hope to soon be able to return to a regular content schedule even if the content must conform to current internet trends of being specific articles instead of batch uploads. What can I say, I'm still a dinosaur trying to evolve.

No comments: