Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Back UP!

Website back up! I heard back from them as to why my site was taken down. It seemed I stressed their server with over 500 unique viewers in just a few hours. I hit their hard limit of 60k page views per day and it triggered my site being taken down. This was the reason in their email to me bringing my site back up. They urged me to move to their paid hosting plan to remove this restriction.

I just checked with my statcounter account and it seems they were right. For some reason my web views and site traffic increased dramatically when I moved to the new server. On my first day at the new server, I garnered over 354 new visitors in the span of what looks like 4 hours. Considering I normally would only get about 500 visitors a month before the server change this is quite shocking. I'll be coming through the stat logs as well as checking with google analystics to see if I can see what's driving the extra traffic. If it turns out my traffic is organically that high, I will return to a paid hosting package as soon a possible.

No comments: